Thursday, April 20, 2006

Original Joke : The Longest Hour ...

There are times which make us think about how we take things for granted. How we forget about everybody else who may be craving for water and use it carelessly just because we have it in abundance. You must be thinking what is with all this preaching. Ok, let me come straight to the point.

Today began just like any other day. As usual sun rose (for me ) at 10:00. After answering nature's call and brushing my teeth I went back to my routine, that is, to sleep again. If it was not for the pressure, do you think I would be up so early?? I was having a dream about kite flying when my sleep was interrupted by keyur's knock on my door. You all still must be puzzled "what does all this have to do with the longest hour?". Chill out, have patience, I am just coming right there.

I had my lunch and after a couple of hour pressure was building up in my intestine. So I carried the bottle of dettol liquid hand wash to the rest room. So far so good, isn't it? I went in there, finished my business, opened the tap and ooops!!! Just one moment ago I was living my life happily and now I was cadaverous. Seemed like my whole world was on the verge of termination. Was it a sign of a doom's day or was I over-reacting? Yes, you guessed it right. Not even a single droplet of water came out the tap.

They ask you about a zillion different weird situation at SRT ( Situation Reaction Test ) in SSB ( Services selection board ), but this kind of situation never made its way in SRT. May be none of the officers had to encouter such problems or may be because there is no right answer for this. Even if any of them had faced such a situation, who would want it to be shared publicly? Hey, I am writing all this things down here in the public interest.

Someone really said it true that we dont remember GOD unless we are in trouble. If this is not a trouble then what is? I was praying to god earnestly to come to the rescue. Of course, I felt very shameful to remember GOD at such a place and in such a situation. Lekin marta kya na karta!!

As I had nothing else to do there, I started thinking!! My mind experienced an an avlanche of thoughts. Boy I wished I had been in america, at least I could have had some tissues to clean out my a** and I could have come out of the cubicle(!!). I started to realise how it must have felt like being in a gas chamber.
I composed myself and started consoling me. "Hey, someone else might have trapped also". "Sooner or later, somebody would realise that there is no water supply and will inform security to start the water pump". So I decided to be in there until I get help. How was I supposed to know that it would take an hour?? My legs started to go numb. At each passing moment hope of getting any help was fading. That was not the place I wished to die!!.

All of a sudden, a sweet sound filled my ear with a feeling of exuberance. That was the sound of a droplet of water colliding with the bottom of a mug. My heart was filled with ray hope. I was not even half as eager to know my 12th std score as I was to hear the sound of a cascade coming out of the tap. Finally, my patience paid off. Freedom, the most beautiful word in this world.


So guyz, what did we learn from this story?
1) Precaution is better than cure : always check whether enough water is there in the rest room before you order your artillary to attack pakistan.
2) Save water : Because can you imagine what could have happen in its absence?